The BCX product family is responsible for the safeguarding, distribution, switching and control of electrical energy in a vehicle. In addition to the safeguarding of the individual power circuits, larger loads including lights, lamps, air conditioning systems and heating systems can be directly activated or controlled.
We are able to offer body control units which fulfill all requirements with regard to performance capability and quality thanks to a combination of connector technology in press-fit technology and our long-standing experience in control electronics with regard to design and series production. By using tried and tested modules, the new product is compatible with our portfolio and tool chain. For users, this means the use of know-how over different function levels. Depending on the expansion stage, the BCX-3CLU can be integrated into the CAN bus network of the vehicle.
A further advantage is generated through the implementation of customer-specific software. This makes it possible to interlink inputs and outputs through software according to individual requirements. The connections to peripherals take place via robust connectors suitable for mobile use. Users receive function and cost-optimized solutions featuring field-tested technology through standard solutions, but also through customer-specific designs and production.
Advantages of using PCB-based power distribution
- The cable harnesses in the vehicle are substantially reduced and can be more flexible in design
- Simple and fast installation due to clear and compact assemblies without special tools (e.g. crimping pliers)
- Installation possible without preliminary know-how
- Simple error diagnosis on defective components
- Substantial reduction of interfaces
- Ideal for adverse ambient conditions (vibration, temperature etc.)
- Problem-free expansion of the system due to its modular construction and compatibility with STW components
- Supply of completely-equipped central electrics incl. circuit boards printed to requirements (connector marking, torque etc.)
Advantages of flexible press-fit technology
- Unusually sturdy mechanical connection
- No thermal load on the PCB during the press-fit process
- Replacement of the press-fit components in case of repair
- Very low transition resistance on the press-fit connection