The course explains the hardware (mechanical and electronical) and the software of the powerMELA-drive train. Further contents are the functions to control the drive train as part of a complete system.
The course is intended for system integrators and developers of power electrification.
The theoretical course content will be deepened with demonstrated examples from practice.
- Knows the advantages of the powerMELA drive train
- Knows the hardware structure of the powerMELA drive trains, and maintenance concepts
- Is able to bring the powerMELA drive train into service regarding hard- and software
- Is able to control the powerMELA drive train through the communication interface
Basic knowledge as conveyed in the course „ principles of power electrification“.
- Hardware structure of the powerMELA drive train
- Technical Data, system interfaces, power electronics, control electronics
- Cooling circuit, thermic conditions
- Operating conditions
- Installation and commissioning
- Mechanics, assembly
- Electrical connection (power- and control electronic)
- Firmware commissioning
- Setup the CAN-hardware and establish a communication connection
- Usage of KEFEX WinFlash
- Parametrizing the inverter with the powerMELA Service Tool
- Control settings, limitations and turn-off limits
- Error reaction
- Communication with powerMELA CAN protocol, overview, message types
- powerMELA Operating
- Operation with the powerMELA Control Tool
- Operation as motor or generator
- Control of speed, torque and voltage
- Communications driver for STW controllers (C or CODESYS)
- Power management in the vehicle
- Practical examples for operation of the powerMELA drives