The course explains the programming of the ESX-3XL controller with CODESYS V3 including the STW-specific software, plugins, libraries and tools.
The course is intended for developers, who will program own applications for the ESX-3XL.
The theoretical course content will be deepened with programming examples from practice.
- Knows hard- and software requirements for programming the ESX-3XL
- Knows the STW technical documentation and is able to use it for target-oriented research
- Is able to program own applications with CODESYS and the STW software package
- Is able to upload software on the ESX-3XL, change parameters and monitor the controller
Basic programming knowledge, ideally with CODESYS V3, at least knowledge of programming electronic controllers.
- Introduction to the hardware of the ESX-3XL
- Mainboard, supplies, GND concept, pin assignment
- Inputs / Outputs
- Extension boards
- Hardware functions, approval tests
- CODESYS V3
- Basics, programming languages, POUs, data types, operators, syntax
- Architecture of CODESYS-applications, SPS-cycle, gateway server, RTS
- STW adaptions of CODESYS V3
- IDE, PLC configuration, trace, visualization, watch and recipe manager, library manager, supported libraries and devices
- STW-libraries and documentation (API, user manual)
- STW Tools
- KEFEX RAMView
- ESX Testbox (TUX)
- Programming exercises