The ZEX product family is responsible for the safeguarding, distribution and switching of the electrical energy within a vehicle. The products switch and safeguard typical functions in mobile machines, and are also used throughout the entire automotive sector. For example, they can be used for control and display units as well as radios.
Central electrics can be used individually, but also modularly in combination with further central electrics.
In the standard design, the central electrics ZEX.0209-a can be obtained with 9 fuses for commercially-available ATO fuses up to max. 15 A as well as two 5-pole relay sockets Mini, and is suitable for a voltage range from 12 V to 24 V. The power supply for the passive central electrics is safeguarded through an M5 power bolt with up to 70 A. The rear-side connector (18-pole, 3-row) is compatible with JPT and MCP connectors. The ZEX.0209-a is characterized by a high thermal load as well as shock and vibration resistance.
On request, the fuses can additionally be equipped with ATO fuses.
The ZEX.0209-a can be used for operating temperatures from -40 °C up to +85 °C. At an ambient temperature of 65 °C, the maximum supply current is max. 70 A; at an ambient temperature of 80 °C, it is max. 65 A. We recommend a cable cross-section for the plug-in connector on the rear side of: current I ≤ 15 A: 7.5 A per mm², current I > 15 A: 5 A per mm².
Advantages of using PCB-based power distribution
- The cable harnesses in the vehicle are substantially reduced and can be more flexible in design
- Simple and fast installation due to clear and compact assemblies without special tools (e.g. crimping pliers)
- Installation possible without preliminary know-how
- Simple error diagnosis on defective components
- Substantial reduction of interfaces
- Ideal for adverse ambient conditions (vibration, temperature etc.)
- Problem-free expansion of the system due to its modular construction and compatibility with STW components
- Supply of completely-equipped central electrics incl. circuit boards printed to requirements (connector marking, torque etc.)
Advantages of flexible press-fit technology
- Unusually sturdy mechanical connection
- No thermal load on the PCB during the press-fit process
- Replacement of the press-fit components in case of repair
- Very low transition resistance on the press-fit connection