The course explains the hardware functions of the ESX.3cs controller and the programming with C including the STW-specific software, compiler and tools.
The course is intended for developers, who will program own applications for the ESX.3cs.
- Knows hard- and software requirements for programming the ESX.3cs
- Knows the STW technical documentation and is able to use it for target-oriented research
- Is able to program own applications with C and the STW software package
- Is able to upload software on the ESX.3cs, change parameters and monitor the controller
Basic knowledge of programming electronic controllers.
Programming skills in the programming language "C".
- Introduction to the hardware of the ESX.3cs
- Starter Kit
- Mainboard, supplies, GND concept, pin assignment, main switch
- Inputs / Outputs, NAMUR and SENT interfaces
- Ethernet interface, CAN-bus, RS232, LIN
- Software development environment
- Installation of the software
- Setup of the software
- Functions of the STW-API
- CAN bus
- Initialize, read and process data of CAN-objects
- Application layer: SAE J1939 and CANopen
- Introduction to openSYDE
- Flashing, parametrizing, monitoring, visualizing
- Code generation, data administration on laptop and controller
- Introduction of the hardware solution
- Demonstration of the Lauterbach hardware debugger