The course explains the hardware functions of the ESX.3cs controller and the programming with CODESYS V3 including the STW-specific software, plug-ins, libraries and tools.
The course is intended for developers, who will program own applications for the ESX.3cs.
The theoretical course content will be deepened with programming examples from practice.
- Knows hard- and software requirements for programming the ESX.3cs
- Knows the STW technical documentation and is able to use it for target-oriented research
- Is able to program own applications with CODESYS and the STW software package
- Is able to upload software on the ESX.3cs, change parameters and monitor the controller
Basic programming knowledge, ideally with CODESYS V3, at least knowledge of programming electronic controllers.
- Introduction to the hardware of the ESX.3cs
- Starter Kit
- Mainboard, supplies, GND concept, pin assignment, main switch
- Inputs / Outputs, NAMUR and SENT interfaces
- Ethernet interface, CAN-bus, RS232, LIN
- CODESYS V3
- Basics, programming languages, POUs, function blocks, PLC Configuration
- Gateway server, login and debugging
- CODESYS-application, SPS-cycle, RTS, task system
- STW adaptions of CODESYS V3
- IDE, PLC configuration, trace, visualization, watch and recipe manager, library manager, supported libraries and devices
- Documentation (API, user manual)
- STW Tools
- Introduction to openSYDE
- Flashing, parametrizing, monitoring, visualizing
- ESX Testbox (TUX)
- Programming exercises