The course explains the hardware functions of the ESX.4cl controller and the programming with logi.CAD 3 including the STW-specific software, plug-ins, libraries and tools.
The course is intended for developers, who will program own applications for the ESX.4cl.
The theoretical course content will be deepened with programming examples from practice.
- Knows hard- and software requirements for programming the ESX.4cl
- Knows the STW technical documentation and is able to use it for target-oriented research
- Is able to program own applications with logi.CAD 3 and the STW software package
- Is able to upload software on the ESX.4cl, change parameters and monitor the controller
Basic programming knowledge, ideally with logi.CAD 3, at least knowledge of programming electronic controllers.
- Introduction to the hardware of the ESX.4cl
- Starter Kit
- Mainboard, supplies, GND concept, pin assignment, main switch
- Multicore architecture
- Inputs / Outputs
- Coprocessor iMX 6
- Ethernet interface, Ethernet switch, CAN-bus, RS232, LIN
- logi.CAD 3
- Basics, programming languages, POUs, function blocks, PLC Configuration
- SPS-cycle, RTS, task system
- Inter-Core communication
- logi.CAD-application, compile/build
- logi.CAD gateway
- Login and debugging
- STW adaptions of logi.CAD 3
- IDE, library management, supported libraries and devices
- Documentation (API, user manual)
- Programming rules
- STW Tools
- Introduction to openSYDE
- Code generation, template, openSYDE library
- Flashing, parametrizing, monitoring, visualizing
- Programming exercises