The course explains the hardware functions and the programming of the ESX.3cm controller with C including the STW-specific software, plug-ins, libraries and tools.
The course is intended for developers, who will program own applications for the ESX.3cm.
- Knows hard- and software requirements for programming the ESX.3cm
- Knows the STW technical documentation and is able to use it for target-oriented research
- Is able to program own applications with C and the STW software package
- Knows the debugger solutions
- Is able to upload software on the ESX.3cm, change parameters and monitor the controller
Basic knowledge of programming electronic controllers.
Programming skills in the programming language "C".
- Introduction to the hardware of the ESX.3cm
- Starter Kit
- Mainboard, supplies, GND concept, pin assignment, main relays
- Inputs / Outputs and their grouping, NAMUR and SENT interfaces
- Ethernet interface, CAN, other communication interfaces
- Hints for mounting
- Software development environment
- Installation of the software
- Setup of the software ESX.3cm compiler
- WinFlash, KEFEX RAM-View
- Data organization on the laptop and on the controller
- Functions of the STW-API
- CAN Bus
- Initialize, read and process data of CAN-objects
- Application layer: SAE J1939 and CANopen
- Introduction of the hardware solution
- Demonstration of the Lauterbach hardware debugger