The course covers the introduction to the development of safety-related applications based on the EN ISO 13849 standard. Using a case study using STW control, the practical implementation of the standard requirements is explained in order to achieve functional safety. Necessary documents required to obtain certification are discussed on the basis of templates.
The course is aimed at project managers and developers of safety-related applications.
The theoretical course content will be deepened with programming examples from practice.
- Knows the European directives and national laws as origin of the requirements for functional
- Knows the most important requirements of EN ISO 13849
- Can carry out a risk assessment and determine the required performance level.
- Can determine the achieved performance level
- Knows the procedures, plans, and documents required for certification
- Can assess the hardware and software requirements of a controller and consider them in the
- development of safety-related applications
- Legal foundations of the EN ISO 13849 standard
- CE - Marking
- Basics of management of functional safety
- System concept - funktional system definition
- Planning of functional safety
- Hazard and risk analysis – ISO 12100 and EN ISO 13849
- Requirements and specification of the safety functions
- Safety concept - determination of the safety characteristics and usage of SISTEMA
- Software development - requirements, design and coding
- Commissioning and test - verification and validation
- Approval process
- User documentation for operation, maintainance and decommissioning