The course includes the explanation of the hardware functions and the programming of the controller in C considering the requirements in SIL2/PLd projects. Further contents are the introduction to the diagnostic functions, memory protection and other safety specific functions of the software.
The course is intended for developers who program their own safety applications on the ESX.4cs-gw.
- Knows the hardware and software requirements for programming the ESX.4cs-gw
- Knows the STW documentation (user and safety manual) and is able to use it for target-
- oriented research
- Knows the requirements for the programming of safety projects
- Can program own safety applications with C and the STW software package
- Knows the debugger solutions
- Can use STW Tools to load, parameterize and monitor the software on the ESX-4XS-GW
Basic knowledge of programming electronic controllers.
Programming skills in the programming language “C“.
- Introduction to the hardware of the ESX.4cs-gw
- Mainboard, supplies, GND concept, pin assignment, main switch
- Multicore architecture
- Inputs / Outputs
- Ethernet interface, Ethernet switch, CAN-bus, RS232, LIN
- Software development environment
- Installing and setting up the software
- Communication interfaces
- CAN bus: Editing the CAN objects
- Ethernet: Programming with the lwIP library
- Application Layer: SAE J1939 and CANopen
- Programming requirements for SIL-2/PL-D projects (Safety Manual)
- Introduction to safety functions
- STW-API, memory protection
- Introduction to SIL2 diagnostics
- Introduction to openSYDE
- Code generation with openSYDE
- Flashing, parametrizing, monitoring, visualizing
- Introduction of the hardware solution
- Demonstration of the Lauterbach hardware debugger
- Programming exercises