The course explains the the hardware functions of the ESX.4cs-gw controller and the programming with C including the STW-specific software, compiler and tools.
The course is intended for developers, who will program own applications for the ESX.4cs-gw.
- Knows hard- and software requirements for programming the ESX.4cs-gw
- Knows the STW technical documentation and is able to use it for target-oriented research
- Is able to program own applications with C and the STW software package
- Knows the debugger solution
- Is able to upload software on the ESX.4cs-gw, change parameters and monitor the controller
Basic knowledge of programming electronic controllers.
Programming skills in the programming language "C".
- Introduction to the hardware of the ESX.4cs-gw
- Starter Kit
- Mainboard, supplies, GND concept, pin assignment, main switch
- Multicore architecture
- Inputs / Outputs
- Ethernet interface, Ethernet switch, CAN-bus, RS232, LIN
- Software development environment
- Installation of the software
- Setup of the software
- Functions of the STW-API
- Communication interfaces
- CAN bus: Initialize, read and process data of the CAN-objects
- Application layer: SAE J1939 and CANopen
- Ethernet: Programming with the LwIP library
- Introduction to openSYDE
- Code generation within template and with openSYDE library
- Flashing, parametrizing, monitoring, visualizing
- Data administration on laptop and controller
- Introduction of the hardware solution
- Demonstration of the Lauterbach hardware debugger
- Programming exercises