The course explains the hardware functions of the ESX.4ct controller and the programming with C including the STW-specific software, compiler and tools.
The course is intended for developers, who will program own applications for the ESX.4ct.
- Knows hard- and software requirements for programming the ESX.4ct
- Knows the STW technical documentation and is able to use it for target-oriented research
- Is able to program own applications with C and the STW software package
- Knows the debugger solution
- Is able to upload software on the ESX.4ct, change parameters and monitor the controller
Basic knowledge of programming electronic controllers.
Programming skills in the programming language "C".
- Introduction to the hardware of the ESX.4ct
- Connector and pin compatibility with ESX-IOXp
- Mainboard, supplies, GND concept, main switch
- Determination of the pin assignment
- Dual Core architecture
- Inputs/outputs, half/full bridges, gyroscope
- Communication interfaces CAN bus, RS232, LIN, Bluetooth
- Software development environment
- Installation of the software
- Setup of the software
- Functions of the STW-API
- Communication interfaces
- CAN bus: Initialize, read and process data of the CAN-objects
- Application layer: SAE J1939 and CANopen
- Introduction to openSYDE
- Code generation, template, openSYDE library
- Flashing, parametrizing, monitoring, visualizing
- Data administration on laptop and controller
- Introduction of the hardware solution
- Demonstration of the Lauterbach hardware debugger
- Programming exercises